Home Yoga Club
Hello and welcome to Home Yoga Club
(Welcome back, if you’re a return visitor). My name is Ruth Hadikin and I’m glad you stopped by!
My aim is to build a community to support people who practice yoga at home (or want to).
When I started this blog in 2015 I had great plans. But life steps in and you know how it goes, the best laid plans…
I live with my 87-year old mother who needs a lot of help with her daily living, and I’m her primary carer. Over the past couple of years this has taken an increasing amount of my time, leaving little room for blogging or anything else.
In 2017 I took the HomeYoga.club website offline and put the domain name up for sale, but it didn’t sell. Recently there have been some very synchronistic events that have drawn my attention to how important home yoga is as a support for carers.
That (plus the fact that the domain didn’t sell) has led me to believe that life wants something to happen here… possibly to develop HomeYoga.club into an online yoga resource for carers?
I am currently exploring the best way forward and would love to hear your views. Come and say hello on our Facebook page and share your ideas. I also intend to open the members area so we can get together and discuss what might be the best approach.
See you again soon and meanwhile… may your home yoga practice bring you nourishment, health, longevity, and deep inner peace.
10 Reasons for Starting a Home Yoga Practice
- There are many reasons why we may choose to practice yoga at home.
- Maybe there isn’t a yoga class nearby that you can easily get to on a regular basis.
- Maybe there’s only one class a week and you’d like to practice more often.
- Maybe you have health issues, like obesity or arthritis, and you feel that you won’t be able to keep up in a class.
- Maybe you don’t have health issues and you feel that you won’t be able to keep up in a class!
- Maybe you’d feel self-conscious in a class.
- Maybe it suits you better to practice in your own time, on your own terms.
- Maybe you want to practice a less common form of yoga like Yantra or Lu Jong and you are mainly learning from books and videos.
- Maybe you are a yoga teacher or advanced practitioner and you would feel held back in a class.
- Maybe you like to practice with your cat…
Whatever reason(s) you have for wanting a home practice… Home Yoga Club brings you the best of both worlds… you get to practice at home AND you have somewhere to connect and share with your yoga buddies and have that same sense of community and shared experience, just like you would in a physical yoga studio!